My trip started yesterday. So here I am, at McCarren Airport (Las Vegas) making final preparations for my trip… and it’s finally sinking in. Today, the real work begins, on what is being called “Judgement Day.” Hmm, how fitting. Somehow, amongst all the excitement of it all, I haven’t had a chance to really let it sink in. Truth of the matter is, I’m actually quite nervous about it. The first couple of days are going to be nerve-racking.
Let’s see, I recently had an engine failure and know how scary it can be, and more importantly, how fast shit can go wrong. I’m not a good swimmer and this one leg is going to take over 3 hours of flying over open water, with the closest piece of land (Dominican Republic) being over a hundred miles away. Thankfully I will have my trusty life vest and a Zack Morris-like satellite phone. Once I get to Puerto Rico, I will feel safe knowing that the toughest leg is complete… until then, I’ll do my best to keep the nerves at bay.
Now, if only I can take a shot of Patron right before the trip… someone, if you’re out there, take one for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment